Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wisconsin Assembly Passes Bill Stripping Rights

If you're late to the party like I am, this may be news to you. At the most inconvenient time, I had other business besides the battle in Madison this afternoon and evening. So, unsurprisingly, I checked the news when I returned and the Assembly passed the bill which was passed last night by the Senate stripping collective bargaining rights from most public employees.

I'm sure this was a spectacle, too. So I plan to post a video as soon as I find one. According to WisPolitics, the Republicans cut off debate before every Democrat had their chance to speak again.

The Capitol building is being cleared for another night. Some protesters are being carried or dragged out, but no arrests have been reported. Capitol Police Chief Tubbs has promised, "The building will be open at 8 o'clock tomorrow morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment