Recall campaigns successfully recalled five other Republicans in January 2012 as well:
- Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch - 845,000+ (540,208 required)
- Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald - 20,600+ signatures (16,742 required)
- Senator Terry Moulton (Chippewa Falls) - 21,000+ signatures
- Senator Pam Galloway (Wausau) - 21,000+ signatures
- Senator Van Wanggaard (Racine) - 24,000+ signatures
Below is information on the 2011 recall campaigns.
Recall elections will be held July 12th for 6 Republican senators and July 19th for 3 Democratic senators.
Below is information on the recall campaigns that led to the elections.
WisconsinRecall.net is organizing efforts to recall the Republicans who lied to Wisconsin and voted to strip collective bargaining rights from public workers, as well as Gov. Scott Walker for refusing to negotiate with public workers and opponents of his bill, playing dirty political tricks, and listening more to out-of-state billionaires like the Koch brothers than Wisconsinites. More information on volunteering and status can be found at RecallTheRepublican8.com.
|Republican 8 Districts in Red|
The latest specific information on the recall campaigns for the Republican 8 Wisconsin State Senators:
- Robert Cowles - Senate District 2 (Next phase: recall election)
- Alberta Darling - Senate District 8 (Next phase: recall election)
- Sheila Harsdorf - Senate District 10 (Next phase: recall election)
- Luther Olsen - Senate District 14 (Next phase: recall election)
- Randy Hopper - Senate District 18 (Next phase: recall election)
- Glenn Grothman - Senate District 20
- Mary Lazich - Senate District 28
- Dan Kapanke - Senate District 32 (Next phase: recall election)
Other opponents of workers' rights who have publicly supported Walker are:
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser (R)
- Wisconsin U.S. Senator Ron Johnson (R)
- Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch (R)
- Wisconsin Republican Assemblyman Jeff Stone
Americans for Prosperity appears to be setting up recall committees for a few Democrats. If you're interested in those recalls, please contact the Koch brothers or someone else from Americans for Prosperity.